Dating asia ru
Dating asia ru - dating email response
(20) Before the end of the 9th week of pregnancy (7 weeks for the baby), the outer extreme of mifepristone's effectiveness, (21) the child's ears, fingers and toes will have formed and he or she will be 18mm, or nearly an inch tall, from crown to rump.
Morning after pills, or "emergency contraception," are essentially very high, multiple dosages of birth control pills taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
(26) Acting alone, RU486 is able to induce an abortion only between 64% and 85% of the time, a rate abortifacient researchers consider "inadequate for general clinical use." (27) This is why, two days after taking the RU486, a woman is given a prostaglandin, usually misoprostol (trade name: Cytotec), to induce powerful uterine contractions to expel the shriveled corpse.
(28) Because the use of a prostaglandin (PG) is part of the standard RU486 abortion protocol, it is perhaps more accurate to refer to this as an "RU486/PG" abortion.
(4) RU486 is an artificial steroid that interferes with the action of progesterone, a hormone crucial to the early progress of pregnancy.
(5) Progesterone stimulates the proliferation of the uterine lining which nourishes the developing child.
The rest who aborted did so at some point during the following two weeks.
Between 8% and 23% (depending on how many weeks pregnant the mother was) never completely aborted or didn't abort at all using the drugs.
It is at about the fifth week of pregnancy (measured from a woman's last menstrual period) that a mother first begins to suspect she is pregnant, so this is likely to be about the earliest that the chemical abortifacient is used.
At this point, the child is about three weeks old (14) and approximately 2mm long (about 1/10 of an inch).
Heavy bleeding, nausea, vomiting, and painful uterine contractions are common features of a process TIME magazine calls "A painful, messy, and protracted." About 2% hemorrhage and more than 1 in a 100 require hospitalization.
An Iowa woman took RU486 and lost nearly 3/4 of her blood and likely would have died without emergency surgery. The pill's promoters have reason to believe RU486 will help them increase the number of doctors willing to perform abortions.
Two days later, during a second visit to the doctor's office, she is given the prostaglandin, which she takes orally or has inserted vaginally. trials, about half (49%) aborted during the four hours they spent waiting in the doctor's office following the administration of the prostaglandin.